Purple Belt Test

 On March 20th, 2024 I took my Purple Belt Test.   Here are some pictures: 


                                                

Here I broke 4 boards with a spinning back kick.  Took 4 tries. 





I felt very much ready for this test, and while I saw improvement, I feel as if my improvement wasn't as significate as it could have been.  This is my lessons learnt: 

1.  I was dedicated to doing particular stretches (sitting leg stretch, touch toes, butterfly stretch), but I need to expand my number of stretches.  Want to add one legged swat stretch, lunge stretch, front and side splits).  

2. I need to spend more time working on my 1 step sparring.   My kicks were rushed and not very good.  Want to work on quality of the movements, while doing them quick.  

In addition, while not part of testing, I want to improve my performance of the Tornado Kick, and doing get away, and counter sticking.  One thing I don't want to stop is my slow 3 second breakdown of my side kick.  This has definitely help my kicks.  

My next test, Lord willing will be my brown belt test in June.  Looking forward to the next three months. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! 2023 Gone, 2024 is here!

A Little History

TKD Belt Levels