Happy New Year! 2023 Gone, 2024 is here!

 Just one year ago I resolved to get back into Tae Kwon Do (TKD), and at least three years down the line to get a black belt.  It seemed like a crazy thing to think never mind to do in my 60's, when most of my friends are talk about playing golf, going on cruises, and moving to mature retirement communities.  Also the choice of activity seems a bit nuts at my age, since TKD is all about high jumps and high kick and challenging attacks.  The journey has been hard on my mind and body, but also has been exciting, challenging and a true joy. 

One last thing to share.  I get a little upset with my slow progress over the last year, but you can see from the pictures below,  how my kicks has become higher and more powerful over the last year.   That blur in the picture on the right is a board I broke which flew up and hit the ceiling.  :) 


                                      Yellow Belt Test / March 2023          Orange Belt Test / Sept 2023               


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little History

TKD Belt Levels