First TKD Class on Monday


 I attended my first (trail) class this last Monday.   I thought I did quite well - however I don't remember the forms and my stretching was a bit underwhelming.  

Let me start with the stretching.   My front kick could only go 5 feet to the upper chest, but no higher.  Some of the stretching on the mat would not go far, for example the Sitting Feet-together Adductor Stretch was not good.  Also the stretching of my knee and hip was not to good.   One last thing was sitting down on top of my legs - I just couldn't do it.  :p

The forms I was doing poorly on.  I would go the wrong way, and I would not throw out a punch at the right time.  I was a good effort, but not up to speed. 

At the end of class Master Kang invited me to sit at the front of the class and introduce myself.  I was not ready for this - and gave a summary of my life (my work, marriage life, & TKD history with Ki Chung Kim) and with an awkward. pause, they clapped to welcome me to the class.  

After the class I met a fellow named Michael - he was a brown belt (I think). 

After the class I sat down with Master Kang, and after asking some questions about membership and payment, I then joined up on a monthly basis.   With this he provided me with a uniform with my name written in Korean.  

So my aim over the next week is to work on my stretching and my forms - where I hope to do better.  Two thing I did not have a problem with is that 1) I did not hurt myself stretching and 2) I did not have a problem keeping up with the class.   :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! 2023 Gone, 2024 is here!

A Little History

TKD Belt Levels