2nd Class (a little easier, then the first class)

Tonight was my second class, and this time there was three women there besides me.  Having a bigger class meant that the shared time doing the exercises was divided so it was a bit easier.   I don't think I did any better then the first night.  I struggled with the stretching (a lot of hip stretching, and a stretching which make you look like a frog.   The kicking involved the front kick, and jumping front kick in sequence, and the round house kick from one to a triple sequence.   At one point she had us do a running front kick with the right leg, jumping front kick with the left leg, and finish with a flying front kick with our right leg.  None of us did well on the exercise.  

I was 35 minutes into the class I looked down and my foot and it was covered in blood.  I must have seriously scraped my toe - during one of the exercises.  So I had to take a break to get the bleeding under control, and I rejoined the class.   

I like, the class - but I'm not loving it because I'm not learning any TKD.  I think it will help me get some flexibility and stamina - but I think that is as far as it will take me.  I suspect that I'll need to start looking around for another Dojang in a month or two.  

Frog Stretch on youtube
Jumping Front Kick on Youtube
Squats on Youtube

UPDATE:  I was contacted today, that one of the women was tested Covid positive, and that I should aware and look for symptoms. So far I've been feeling fine, no symptoms.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year! 2023 Gone, 2024 is here!

A Little History

TKD Belt Levels